Tuesday, July 18, 2006

      Mercury Music Prize Nominations

      Arctic Monkeys - 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not'
      Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - 'Ballad Of The Broken Seas'
      Editors - 'The Back Room'
      Guillemots - 'Through The Windowpane'
      Richard Hawley - 'Coles Corner'
      Hot Chip - 'The Warning'
      Muse - 'Black Holes & Revelations'
      Zoe Rahman - 'Melting Pot'
      Lou Rhodes - 'Beloved One'
      Scritti Politti - 'White Bread Black Beer'
      Sway - 'This Is My Demo'
      Thom Yorke - 'The Eraser'

      Shock horror, this is the first year I've actually known who most of the artists are. I think I must be getting more into 'credible' music... how strange! Anyway I think this is a damn good list of nominations, some are bemoaning the lack of Lily Allen on the list, but I have to say that the nominations make sense to me. She's getting a huge amount of acclaim as it is, I don't think she'll be worried about not being nominated. She'll be Smile...ing.... ha.

      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home