Saturday, July 22, 2006

      Shakira's Angry...

      I want to speak as a young person in the name of my generation because I am sure that my generation agrees with me on this: war is not the solution to any conflict. Not today, not in this century. Its urgent that there is an international diplomatic intervention and an immediate cease of fire. I am sad, I guess like the rest of the world is, to know that because of this conflict so many innocent mothers and children are dying. I just want a call from my generation to the US leaders and the super power countries' leaders to stop this war because we all know they can stop it. I just hope that there is an international diplomatic intervention right away. We want something better for our kids; the kids in Colombia, the kids in Israel, the kids of Palestine, the kids of the world, because I believe in only one human race. ..We don't need leaders that create more divisions and resentment and more hatred. We need leaders that care about the people and about the social needs of a nation, not leaders that only invest on weapons and space missions. I think we need to start worrying about what we have here on this planet, which is really tough, it is tough to survive in the world we are in, with so many natural catastrophies like the tsunami that just happened in Asia and on top of that, we are killing each other. This is something I don't understand. There is a lot that we need to start doing in order to survive as a community and as one human race.
      This is from her official website. Well it's much better than Britney's 'Tiger' post...

      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home