Sunday, August 06, 2006

      Christina Aguilera: Back To Basics


      So, it's pretty clear that this album is all over the net. And it's released officially on the 14th August .

      To be honest when I first heard it I was
      disappointed, especially as the amazingly catchy first single Ain't No Other Man is so damn good.

      There's no doubt that Christina has an amazingly strong, powerful voice, and I think it 's great she's trying
      something new. The thing is though, the decent tracks in there get lost amongst the not so good ones... I really think she'd have been better off cutting the number of songs right down.

      Ain't No Other Man, Back In The Day, Slow Down Baby, Oh Mother, On Our Way, Here To Stay, Welcome, Candyman, Mercy On Me
      & The Right Man are the tracks that stood out on the first few listens.

      To be fair, some others are already growing on me. I got a vibe of the
      Sugababes on tracks such as Without You, Thank You (Dedication To Fans) is a nice sentiment but ends up being as sickening as it sounds.

      So a mixed review from me...

      If you surf on over to POPBYTES, they have a fantastic download - Junior Vasquez's mix of Ain't No Other Man, which I'm loving right now. And Dorian Lyskey has written a great review of the album HERE for The Guardian.

      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home