Friday, March 02, 2007

      Quick Oscars Roundup



      So, yes. They happened. Some people won, however, a small child and an old man did not. This is sad. Here are some more of my thoughts...
      • Ellen DeGeneres presented (a great choice if you ask me, asking Steven Spielberg to take a photo of her and Clint Eastwood for her MySpace was v funny...)
      • There were no big surprises in the 4 main acting winners, although I am still surprised that Helen Mirren has a tattoo on her hand.
      • Reese Witherspoon looked far too gorgeous.
      • Jake Gyllenhaal had a good time at the aftershow... well, last year. But any excuse for pics of Jake... (credit JustJared.com)
      • Martin Scorsese finally got his dues with the Best Director award and Best Picture for The Departed. About time too, etc, etc...
      • Will Ferrell, Jack Black and John C. Reilly performed a number about how comedians never win at the Oscars, which lots of internet people did not find funny. I did, partly because of Ferrell's fab hair, and partly because I love anything with singing and dancing. ANYTHING. *Except Chicago.
      • I WON the house Oscar Sweepstakes for the SECOND year running. I got about 12 winners right... I have so much knowledge of the Academy that is had to happen. It was certainly not just random luck. At all. Ahem. Check out Plattenspieler to laugh at the losers and for my celebratory thumbs-up photo.
      • Ellen cried on her talkshow the other day after watching some footage of herself preparing for the ceremony, it was rather touching.
      • Did I mention I WON???!
      So that's it for another year... I'm sure there is more to take note of than this, but it has all been covered in more depth and with more serious thought on other blogs and sites....

      Labels: , , , , ,

      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home