Thursday, March 22, 2007

      Skins: Season Finale Thoughts...


      This is just a quick post to say that the ending of Skins on E4 surpassed anything I expected of the series. It was a charming and well written series, often well-acted particularly in the case of the actors playing Sid, Cassie, Michelle and Chris and laughed at teenagers and their parents.

      The last five minutes of the final episode of this first series was unexpected and blindingly fantastic. It could have all gone wrong, it could have been overly ambitious, but it was played superbly. You could finally see the parallels with Shameless, in that even the most frustratingly annoying characters had their charms (i.e Tony). Also I must note that Sid and Cassie are my new favourite 'will they, won't they' TV couple... they have made me almost cry on a few occasions now. I know, I'm a wuss...

      If you missed it, try and catch the repeats on E4 and no doubt it will be all over Channel 4 sometime soon. The second season is confirmed... I look forward to seeing where it all goes.

      Labels: , , , , , , ,

      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home