Wednesday, November 15, 2006

      Ugly Betty

      No, this isn't a self-loathing diatribe about how much I hate the way I look... it's a new American TV comedy-drama that rocks! Ugly Betty is a shiny, glossy look at life at an American Vogue-a-like magazine called Runway, seen through the eyes of Betty; a lovely, kind-hearted girl who's not as blessed in the conventional looks department as most of the other women who work there.

      The usually-beautiful America Ferrera plays the title role and is so damn endearing it should be illegal.



      The great thing about it is that despite it seeming much like it's The Devil Wears Prada for TV, it can't be contained as one thing. One minute it's comedy, then romance, then thriller, but it's painted in bright colours and simple brushstrokes and I love its cartoony goodness!

      Channel 4 have bought it to save their Friday night schedule, and with bright British actresses Ashley Jensen (Extras) and lovely Lucy Davis (The Office) making fairly regular appearances as well as Alan Dale (Neighbours' Jim Robinson & The OC's Caleb Nichol) being superbly dastardly, I hope it does well over here.


      I've seen about 7 episodes so far and I pretty much adore it. So I hope you do too when it airs over here in the UK!

      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home