Thursday, July 27, 2006

      New Music: Miss Li


      Tonight I was downloading some mash-ups online and stumbled upon something quite different and quite fabulous.

      One cold and lonely day, I sat down by the piano and I started playing for the first time in 10 years... The fact that I really couldnt play didn't affect me at all ..I thought " what the hell, I don't really need to play that well to make it sound great"

      Swedish Miss Li has a jazzy voice similar to Regina Spektor, the energy of Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the eccentricity of the superb Nellie McKay.

      In short; she's awesome. Truly.

      The happy desperation of I'm So Poor Won't You Lend Me Some Money makes me smile like no other song has recently; Oh Boy has a playful longing innocence and is so catchy, eventually building up to a chaotic and joyous mess of noise!
      Her voice is so unique and personality-filled that I love her already, and she's recording an album in August so hopefully that will be available sometime soon.

      There are two other tracks on her myspace and they are all downloadable so get listening. Say no to Sandi Thom and listen to something different!!

      Official (simple) website

      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home